At Accrington Stanley Community Trust, we cater towards all ages. We understand football is for anyone, no matter your experience or skillset. Above all, we believe football is a fun, vibrant activity which takes place best in a community setting. That’s why we feel so strongly about providing our sessions to the youngest members of our community, involving them in what is the greatest sport in the world, in whatever way they feel comfortable.
We run two Football Development Centres (FDCs) which are designed to deliver exactly that, a no pressure fun way to enjoy football at a young age. Our first FDC is for those aged between 4-6 and the second for ages 7-11.
Our inclusive courses provide young players the chance to participate in an environment they feel comfortable in, as well as providing the added social and health benefits of interacting with others, building confidence and regular exercise. Each week covers a different themed technique or skill, and then allows the opportunity for practice in small-sided matches during each session.
”My son took part in one of the football development sessions, he loved every minute of it – the coaches were friendly and extremely helpful and the COVID precautions were well managed. Overall, the experience was brilliant and highly recommend to a first-timer or even a usual team player.” Paul Yates- Parent
The Football Development Centre sessions look to:
- Provide an enjoyable, safe and secure learning environment
- Improve the player’s technical ability
- Compliment the player’s current football provision (i.e. club football)
- Provide high quality coaching sessions through a developed technical program
- Increase the base level footballing ability of each player, equipping them to play at a higher standard later in life
- Show patience and understanding towards the players learning style and physical developments
- Use the FA Four Corner Player Development Model to develop participants Physically, Socially, Technically and Psychologically
- Not add any pressure onto young players by fear of failure and have no players being released
For children who enjoy playing football regularly, no skills or prior experience needed
Time – 6pm -7pm Ages 4-11 year olds
Stanley Sports Hub, Thorneyholme Rd, BB5 6BD
To book sessions please follow this link: Accrington Stanley Sports Hub (sportskey.com)