Today was the first day of our Football Scholarships which saw over 40 students take part in an induction day and a training session at Hyndburn Leisure Centre.
The students will spend 2-3 years based at Accrington Stanley Football Club studying a BTEC L2 or L3 in Sport and compete in both the North West 11aside Football League and Football League Futsal Division.
Today’s training session started the preparation for Wednesday’s first 11 aside fixture and next week’s Futsal Festival in Manchester, where we will come up against teams such as Preston North End, Blackpool and Fleetwood to name a few.
There are still a handful of places left on the course, more information below;
The BTEC Level 2 in Sport is a 1 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
The minimum requirements for this course are 2 D’s or above at GCSE level. Students who enrol onto this programme will study with us for 12 months, when they complete the qualification they will start the BTEC Level 3 programme the following academic year.
The BTEC Level 3 in Sport is a 2 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
- Study a Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels and allows entrance to University
- Full time 2 year course based at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
- All work is done on laptops via a state of the art virtual learning platform approved by the Department for Education.
- Up to 17.5 hours of education per week at the stadium.
- 4.5 hours of 11aside Football and Futsal training per week.
- Compete in the English Colleges Category 3 11aside League.
- Futsal league fixtures against other professional clubs as well as 7 and 11-aside matches.
- Available to students aged 16-18 on completion of their GCSE’s.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above.
- A keen interest in the football or sports industry.
- Exit routes into University or foundation degrees.
- Undertake coaching qualifications and refereeing qualifications.
- Work experience opportunities in the sport and leisure industry.
- Become a futsal player competing in the FLT Futsal League.
- Play against clubs such as Preston, Blackpool, Leeds etc.
- Professionally coached by Accrington Stanley coaches.
- Become part of Accrington Stanley Football Club, represent the club, wear the kit and study at the stadium.
- Watch the first team play in League Two matches at the stadium.
For more info please get in touch with the office 01254 304071 or visit our website http://www.stanleytrust.co.uk/football-education-scholarships/