Accrington Stanley Community Trust are recruiting a full time Youth Engagement Officer. The closing date is 5pm on Thursday 10th August 2017. Full job description and details of how to apply below.
- Title: Youth Engagement Officer
- Salary: £15,000 (Plus pension scheme, expenses and bonuses)
- Contract Type: Full time – Permanent
- Holidays: 28 days’ annual leave including all English Bank Holidays.
- Reporting to: NCS Manager
- Location: Accrington Stanley Community Trust Offices
- Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
- Closing Date: Thursday 10th August 2017
- Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated and dedicated individual to the full time role of Youth Engagement Officer.
The role requires the individual to work closely with the Head of Sport on the Kicks project and a range of community based initiatives, ensuring our projects are accessible to all.
As part of this role you will also be expected to assist with the recruitment and successful delivery of the National Citizen Service (NCS) programme working closely with the NCS Manager. NCS is a programme for 16 and 17 year olds that will promote:
- A more cohesive society by mixing participants of different backgrounds
- A more responsible society by supporting the transition into adulthood for young people
- A more engaged society by enabling young people to work together to create social action projects in their local communities
The key role of the post is to market NCS to local young people, recruit and retain participants on the programme. The post will also work closely with our NCS Officer to plan, organise and deliver the induction week, residential trips, planning week and prepare the groundwork for a successful final week social action project. The successful candidate will be responsible for the administrative and all monitoring aspects of the programme in conjunction with the NCS Officer. The role will also require regular delivery of sports coaching sessions in the Community as well as other projects the Trust delivers.
There is a minimum requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving licence with business insurance. Applicants will need to have a flexible approach to work and be able to work some evenings and weekends. You will also be required to work on a number of NCS residentials each year.
An ideal candidate will have;
- A driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- A degree in a relevant subject such as Youth Work, Sport or Community Development.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of working on youth intervention projects.
- A good understanding of the East Lancashire community.
- A broad knowledge of barriers that service users may face and strategies to address where appropriate.
- A 1st4Sport Level 1 Award in Coaching Football or other sports.
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Thursday 10th August 2017
Interview Date: Monday 14th August 2017
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. Clearance through The FA CRB system is required. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two references will also be required. Applicants will, in addition be expected to undertake training appropriate to the role.