Accrington Stanley Community Trust (we or us) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We take the privacy of all of our customers and site users (you) very seriously and take great care to protect your personal information.
Please read the following policy carefully to understand what personal information we may collect from you, how we may use it and your rights in respect of our use.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our site at www.stanleytrust.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, email address, date of birth and telephone number.
- We will take details of the purchases and other transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders
- We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us
- If you contact us by telephone, email or otherwise in writing, we may keep a record of that correspondence
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them
- We may collect details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, the resources that you access.
The information we may collect, hold and process about you, provided by you, may include:
- Email address
- Telephone number(s)
- Bank details and/or payment details
- Dietary requirements
- Health and genetic information
- Billing information
- Vehicle registration number, make and model
- Details of other people within your group booking including name and age
- Purchase/transaction and ticketing history
- Your preference for how we communicate with you about our activities
- IP address
- Information that is available publicly, including social media username if you interact with us through social media channels
- Record of accidents and treatment received
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR INFORMATION
The above information is used to:
- provide our services to you and enable us to process, administer and manage your orders, contracts, accounts and;
- create an account so that we understand and respect your preferences;
- establish dietary requirements and provide suitable catering options for you and your guests (where applicable);
- inform you about changes to our products and services or new products and services;
- inform you about fundraising activities, programmes and holiday clubs and sessions offered by ASCT;
- inform you about events with which ASCT are associated or involved;
- communicate information about any agreement you may have with us or have enquired about;
- inform you about offers, events and promotions that may be of interest to you;
- improve the services We offer you (which may sometimes include undertaking customer research);
- keep a record of your relationship with us and how you prefer to be contacted;
- analyse your personal information to create a profile of your interests and preferences so we can contact you with information most relevant to you;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to administer prize draws and competitions you have entered;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to resolve an enquiry or progress a complaint;
- comply with legal and regulatory obligations placed on ASCT.
We use profiling and segmentation to ensure communications are relevant to you. For this purpose we may analyse geographic, demographic and other information relating to you to enable us to understand your preferences.
ASCT and/or its media partners may from time to time create images and/or audio-visual footages of you and you at sessions and fundraising events. ASCT is the owner of all rights in such footages and shall be entitled to use such footage on any media platform for the following purposes:
- Safety and security purposes;
- Promotional, marketing and commercial purposes;
- Training for ASCT employees and third parties who work with ASCT;
- Broadcasting and editorial purposes.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our general audience size and how they use our site
- To recognise you when you return to our site
- To store information about your preferences to allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests
- To speed up your searches
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser. Please note that if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO CONTACT YOU
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose information to any third party for such purposes.
You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at the details provided below.
We will use our reasonable endeavours to communicate with you according to the preferences that you share with us.
WHAT WE DO WITH YOUR FINANCIAL INFORMATION
We will use your financial information to enable payment authorisation and billing including any online or telephone purchases.
When you purchase any products from us, your consent is given to provide your financial information and personal information to those third parties necessary to process your transactions with us, such as credit card companies, banks and companies that handle delivery and shipping on our behalf. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk protection. We will not share your financial information with third parties without your consent for any other reason.
All financial information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Payment transactions and payment card data will be processed and stored in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). PCI DSS represents a common set of data security measures to help ensure the safe handling of sensitive information on a global basis.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Any third party providers used by us to fulfil our contractual obligations to you will only collect, use, store and disclose your information in the manner and to the extent necessary for them to provide their services to us. We have written agreements in place with each third party to ensure that your information is kept securely, is not used for any other purpose and is deleted when no longer required.
Such third party providers may include:
- Accrington Stanley Football Club in respect of the administrative support services provided by Accrington Stanley Football Club to ASCT;
- Funders for compliance purposes, research, reporting and improvement of strategic planning and business decisions or funding;
- Email distribution service;
- Mailing house;
- SMS distribution service;
- IT companies who support our Website and other business services;
- Analytical or search engine provider to assist us with the improvement or optimisation of our Website;
- Credit reference agency for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may share personal information with other organisations such as the Premier League and Premier League Charitable Fund, the English Football League and English Football League Trust, the FA, the Office for National Statistics and other governing bodies and funders for compliance purposes, research, reporting and improvement of strategic planning and business decisions or funding.
We never sell personal information to third parties.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our commercial partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
WHAT IS THE LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESING THE INFORMATION
The legal basis for collecting and processing your data may be:
- Consent – you may have given us your consent to use your data for example when you tick a box to receive marketing emails, offers and newsletters. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Contractual obligation – to enter into a contract with us we need your personal information (including financial information) to process and fulfil the contract for example to purchase a ticket to an event or make a donation.
- Legal obligation – if required by law to process personal information for example to comply with health and safety and equality obligations or to provide information to the police to prevent fraud or criminal activity.
- Legitimate interest – for a genuine business reason that does not override your rights, freedom or interests for example administrative purposes, or using your purchase history to send you personalised offers.
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE’S PRIVACY NOTICE
We understand that children and young people under the age of 14 years (“Children”) may visit our Website. Children may need their parent or guardian’s permission to use or access certain areas of our Website or receive certain information through the Website. Children may also be asked to confirm they have that permission and we reserve the right to verify parental or guardian consent where required.
We do not actively market to Children. We do not share Children’s personal information for any commercial purpose.
YOUR ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. Such staff maybe engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You also have the right to contact the Information Commissioners Office at https:\\ico.org.uk\concerns\.