Accrington Stanley Community Trust, an award winning charity, is celebrating its 7th birthday this week!
In seven years, the charity has raised around £2million and with this has been able to develop and deliver a varied repertoire of projects and programmes, successfully engaging a staggering 10,000 people in the last 12 months across the areas of Hyndburn, the Ribble Valley and Rossendale.
Investing in frontline provision across our four key themes; sport participation, health, social inclusion and education, the charity has enjoyed unprecedented growth in all areas. In June 2016 the charity won the Hyndburn Community Business of the Year Award which was a fantastic achievement.
Only 7 years on from its founding, the charity now proudly has a number of positive outcomes, listed below:
- We increase participation in Sport & Exercise in Hyndburn by providing a range of sporting opportunities.
- We promote wellbeing and healthy lifestyles within local communities.
- We provide activities that engage hundreds of disabled young people each year.
- We run a hugely successful ‘Stanley Soccer League’ with over 400 adult participants playing 7 aside football every week.
- We give free sports coaching sessions to disadvantaged young people who have very little access to such provision.
- We facilitate Walking Football and socialising activities for over 50s in the area to increase exercise and reduce social isolation.
- We develop and empower leaders, coaches and volunteers.
- We engage and inspire young people, raising and celebrating educational achievement.
- We have over 40 full time students studying BTEC qualifications and have progressed over 30 former students onto university.
- We have affiliations with over 40 local primary schools and a further 18 secondary schools.
In addition to this, Accrington Stanley Community Trust now employs 11 full time individuals from the local area, with a further 15 part time staff members.
Martin Fearon, Chief Executive Officer of the Trust added: “It has been a great journey over the past seven years and we continue to go from strength to strength. We are an award winning charity that makes a positive impact in our community and we want to build on this over the next 12 months.
We have some exciting plans next year which include a range of new sport and education provision as well as a brand new sports hub facility proposal for the town. We have also secured funding from the Premier League, National Lottery and Sport England which will be invested into new and existing projects.’’
To find out more about the charity’s work, visit www.stanleytrust.co.uk