Our education team have been busy visiting local school career fairs promoting our Level 3 BTEC Diploma in Sport. They have spent their time explaining what happens on the course that it’s not just a theory but they get to play football and futsal as well.
Our aim is to offer an alternative to college but still give the student a first class education. With both practical and theoretical sides to the course this is the perfect choice for those who love sport.
Level 3 is a 2 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
Level 2 consists of a 1 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
The minimum requirements for this course are 2 D’s or above at GCSE level. Students who enrol onto this programme will study with us for 12 months, when they complete the qualification they will start the BTEC Level 3 programme the following academic year.
- Study a Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels and allows entrance to University
- Full time 2 year course based at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
- All work is done on laptops via a state of the art virtual learning platform approved by the Department for Education.
- Up to 17.5 hours of education per week at the stadium.
- 5 hours of 11aside Football and Futsal training per week.
- Futsal fixtures in the ETL National and Development leagues against Blackburn, Blackpool and Fleetwood.
- Available to students aged 16-19 on completion of their GCSE’s.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above.
- A keen interest in the football or sports industry.
After completion you can go on to many different exit routes such as University and study PE teaching, coaching, physiotherapy, sports development or analysis. It will also have enhanced your work prospects.
Seamus Conneely commented, ‘Great programme, great education with a quality teaching staff and prospects for future careers’.
For more information please go to www.stanleytrust.co.uk or call Matt Parkinson on 01254 304071.