Monday April 12th is the return date for our children’s Football Development Centre.
Sessions will be held at Stanley Sports Hub, Thorneyholme Rd, Accrington, BB5 6BD, times of sessions are as follows; 5pm-6pm (12th, 19th, 26th April), 6pm-7pm (10th, 17th, 24th May)
The 6 week course of sessions is available to book online here for a discounted price of £21, there is also the option to pay weekly (£4 a session)
Football Development Centres (FDC’s) are weekly coaching sessions for children who love to play football regularly. Children may play for a club or at school or may have never played before.
Our inclusive courses provide young players the chance to participate in an environment they feel comfortable in. Each week covers a different themed technique or skill, and then allows the opportunity for practice in small-sided matches during each session
Our trained coaches have the experience and understanding to cater for the needs of the group and ensure that development and progression take place.
The Football Development Centre sessions look to:
- Provide an enjoyable, safe and secure learning environment;
- Improve the players technical ability;
- Compliment the player’s current football provision (i.e. club football);
- Provide high quality coaching sessions through a developed technical program;
- Increase the standard of football they may play at later in life;
- Show patience and understanding towards the players learning style and physical developments.
- Use the FA Four Corner Player Development Model to develop participants Physically, Socially, Technically and Psychologically
- Not add any pressure onto young players by fear of failure and have no players being released.
Venue – Stanley Sports Hub, Thorneyholme Rd, Accrington, BB5 6BD