Accrington Stanley Community Trust is looking to appoint a full time Education and Sport Tutor to work within our BTEC in Sport Education programme. The closing date for applications is on Monday 1st October 2018.
- Title: Education and Sport Tutor
- Salary: £17,000-£19,000 Dependent on Experience (Plus bonuses, pension scheme and expenses)
- Type of Contract: Full Time
- Reporting to: Head of Education
- Location: Accrington Stanley Community Trust Offices
- Hours: 37.5 Hours per week
- Job Summary (The main purpose of the job)
Under the reasonable direction of the Head of Education, carry out the professional duties of a tutor and sports coach.
Provide quality teaching and learning for BTEC Level 2 and 3 courses and any additional education projects, which are to be delivered to a range of age groups, including 16-19. Meet pre-set objectives and learning outcomes, which is stipulated in the funding requirements.
To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a tutor.
To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential. To contribute to raising standards of student attainment.
To share and support the trust’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth. The role will include regular liaison with parents and guardians of the students on the course as well as the relevant departments within Accrington Stanley Football Club.
This role also includes being involved in the recruitment of future students, attendance at training days and meetings set up by any partner organisations related to this scholarship programme.
There is also an expectation that the Sports Tutor is qualified to degree level in a sport related theme with PGCE qualification or working towards.
There is a requirement for the holder to have a full valid UK driving licence with business insurance as travelling across East Lancashire and other areas will be part of this role.
8.1 To undertake a lead role in the delivery of a BTEC L2 and L3 qualification on our Football Education Scholarship programme.
8.2 To develop links with key organisations such as schools and local grassroots clubs to aid ASCT in its recruitment process for future students.
8.3 To compile, as and when required, reports for funding providers.
8.4 Ensuring that all contact with and arrangements for students and their welfare is safeguarded and promoted.
8.5 To deliver all aspects of the education part of the programme ensuring that all students are up to date with their work and have all the required information to gain the best grades possible. This will involve marking the students work and liaising with the educational authorities assigned to this programme.
8.6 To feedback to the Head of Education in interviewing, screening and recruiting of any potential new student.
8.7 Fulfilling other duties, as may reasonably be required from time to time, including evenings, parents’ evenings, Trust events etc.
8.8 To deliver open evening events and school assemblies which will aid you in the recruitment and advertising of the programme.
8.9 To liaise with the Head of Sport on activities that ASCT are running which can be used for work experience opportunities for students on the programme.
8.10 To attend meetings and CPD events when required to by the Community Manager.
8.11 Act as a personal tutor to students; supporting them to achieve their goals.
8.12 To maintain good order and discipline among the students and safeguard their health and safety both when they are on the Trust premises and when they are engaged in authorised Trust activities elsewhere.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- A knowledge and understanding of the BTEC Level 2 and L3 in Sport programme.
- Educated to Degree standard (Sport Related).
- In date child protection certificate (or willingness to update ASAP).
- Full UK Driving Licence – Car owner and willingness to use for work.
- Suitable to work with students and with the ability to form good relationships with 16-19 year old students.
- Ability to assess and mark students work against set criteria.
- A proven ability to work to under pressure to tight deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills including written, telephone and interpersonal skills
- The ability to travel regularly and independently throughout the region.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Qualification
- Experience of being a personal/form tutor.
- Teaching experience.
- Innovative and flexible approach to supporting students and pupils.
- Experience of Health and Safety and/or Welfare and Safeguarding policies and procedures.
How to Apply:
To apply for this role please send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 1st October 2018
Interview Date: Wednesday 3rd October 2018.
*Please note only candidates selected for interview will be notified.
Accrington Stanley Community Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment. This role involves work with young people and is subject to Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) checks. Clearance through The FA CRB system is required. As such this post is exempt for the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the applicant must disclose all previous convictions including spent convictions. Two references will also be required. Applicants will, in addition be expected to undertake training appropriate to the role.