NCS SUMMER VACANCIES FOR TEAM LEADERS AND ASSISTANTS
Accrington Stanley Community Trust are recruiting temporary summer staff for the roles of NCS Team Leader (2 vacancies) and Assistant Leaders (2 vacancies).
Pay per wave: £1139.10
Pay per wave: £1103.70
Keep Warm activities per hour:
Age below 24: £8.20
Age over 25: £8.72
Successful applicants will need to participate in a 2 part interview. Part one will be a formal interview followed by part two, planning and leading a session/ ice breaker for 15/17 year old for 15 minutes. This will be with students that have already completed NCS.
Interview dates are on Thursday 7th February 2020 and 17th March 2020 at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
How to Apply
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be asked to fill in an application form. Successful applicants will be invited to an interview.
The closing date for this role is 5pm on Friday 1st February 2020. To apply, please email your CV to Kathryn.email@example.com
We are looking for passionate individuals who are ready to build up their experience with a demanding role as part of an intensive summer NCS programme. This role is suitable for a dynamic and confident person with experience of working with groups of young people, and who is able to both motivate them and command their respect. NCS is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity open to all 16 & 17 year olds in England that helps them build skills for work and life, whilst taking on new challenges and meeting new friends.
The groups are composed of approximately 12-15 young people and the leader will be expected to work under the direction of the NCS Officer and assist with the pastoral care and support the development of the young people. Previous experience would be welcome but is not essential.
This role would be suitable for anyone interested in youth work who may wish to develop their skills and expertise in this area as well as benefiting from this experience. More details can be obtained from www.WeAreNCS.co.uk
Your main duties and responsibilities will be to;
- Lead, inspire and take responsibility for the pastoral care for a group of participants, ensuring their safety and assisting their personal development throughout two weeks residential.
- Lead by example and get involved in outdoor and community volunteering activities, keeping the group motivated at all times.
- Work as part of a larger team of staff to support the planning and delivery of a Social Action Project.
- Work with and support all other staff to deal with any challenging behaviour from young people.
- Ensure that appropriate safeguarding, health & safety and other relevant policies are implemented and followed.
- Provide support to staff and young people in a variety of settings to ensure that they have a positive NCS experience.
- Work within the ethos of the NCS programme
- Someone who has worked when young people with challenging behaviour.
Following a successful interview you will only be allowed to work if:
- DBS Cleared
- Able to attend all dates
- Successful training with knowledge, understanding and practical skills
- Successful Keep warm activity
- First aid qualified before 21st May 2020
- Safeguard trained (certified) before 21st May 2020
Paid leave entitlement
No leave entitlement is payable
The post will be offered subject to satisfactory DBS clearance
No travel allowance is payable in this post – transfers to and from Residential will be provided for staff and young people by coach
Disciplinary and grievance
ASCT Disciplinary and Grievance policy applies to this post
Successful candidates are required to attend 3 training workshops in advance of the programme commencing – the training is mandatory and the salary includes payment for attending.
We are providing you with the following free training days that are mandatory to go on:
- Training at Oswaldtwistle Mills Business and Conference Centre here you understand the programme and plan your own activity. Date 2nd April 2020 14:30pm-18:00pm
- Following a successful interview you will be asked to plan and deliver an ice breaker/ fun interactive game with the summer 2020 participates. Date 9th April 2020 17:30pm-19:30pm
- You will then have a training at Oswaldtwistle Mills Business and Conference centre, here you will briefed on the programme, safeguarding and your roles and responsibilities. Date 6th June 2020 11:00am-17:00pm
Equality and Diversity
The post holder must be aware of equality and diversity principles and comply with the ASCT equality and diversity procedures.
Health and Safety
All staff are responsible for the implementation of the health and safety procedures so far as it affects them, their colleagues and their team. The post holder is also expected to complete all risk assessments for their team’s activities and ensure the safety of the young people and staff within their team throughout the programme.
Completion of Social Action Project
- 100% turn ups to all phases
- Timely completion of all paperwork
- At least 80% attendance at graduation
You will need to attend keep warm activities for the students
- Thursday 25th June 2020 @ 5:00pm-6:00pm. Venue TBC.
- Information evening at Accrington Stanley Football Club on Thursday 23rd July @ 18:00pm – 19:00pm. This gives you an opportunity to ask any questions and we will be providing you with important information ready for the residential.
*We will add more dates closer to the time.
4 week programme
Phase 1: Outdoor pursuits residential – Meet at Accrington Stanley Football Club Monday 27th July 2020 to head up to your residential at Grasmere, Lake District, returning Friday 31st July 2020 approx.1:00pm. Here you will be monitoring young people’s behaviour whilst they are participating on activities and monitoring nights.
Phase 2: Independent living – Meet at Accrington Stanley Football Club Monday 3rd August heading to University Halls in Preston, returning Friday 7th August 2020. Here you will deliver sessions to your team as well as monitoring behaviour when your team has speakers/ activities.
Phase 3: Social Action Planning – Monday 10th, Tuesday 11th, Wednesday 12th, Thursday 13th and Friday 14th August 2020 @ ASFC 10:00am-16:00pm.
Social Action delivery- Monday 17th , Tuesday 18th, Wednesday 19th and Thursday 20th August 2020. Venue TBC 10:00am-16:00pm (these dates may differ slightly depending on what the group decides.)
Here you’ll deliver sessions to your team as well as monitoring behaviour when your team has a speaker / activities. You’ll then either raise money for a chosen charity, raise awareness of local issues or regenerate public spaces.
Phase 4: Graduation. Date TBC.