Elite, advanced and innovative football coaching during school holidays for children aged 4 to 12.
The Accrington Stanley Elite Coaching Soccer Schools are open to children who would like advanced training from Academy standard coaches to develop them as individuals.
Our Elite Coaching Soccer Schools take place on state of the art 3G AstroTurf and all sessions are led by Accrington Stanley coaches working on behalf of the Community Trust with minimum UEFA ‘B’ coaching qualifications who work to a specifically designed technical program which is age related with the main emphasis on development and ball mastery. The coaching is structured around the FC Barcelona philosophy of Tiki-Taka football and every day will consist of technical and high tempo football sessions.
The number of places on the courses will be restricted to ensure the coach to player ratio is always kept at an optimal level. The children who will attend the course will be a mixture of the Accrington Stanley Football Club Academy players and local grass roots players who will all be keen to come and develop as footballers over the course of the programme.
All courses run from 9am to 3pm or 9am-5pm every day and are held at Accrington Academy, Queens Road West, Accrington, BB5 4BA.
The Elite Coaching Soccer Schools aim to:
- Provide an enjoyable, safe and secure learning environment;
- Improve the players technical ability;
- Compliment the player’s current football provision.
- Provide high quality coaching sessions through a developed technical program;
- Increase the standard of football they may play at later in life;
- Show patience and understanding towards the players learning style and physical developments.
- Use the FA Four Corner Player Development Model to develop participants Physically, Socially, Technically and Psychologically
- Have innovative and fun sessions including analysis to help players enhance their skills
- Not add any pressure onto young players by fear of failure and have no players being released
- Split the group in terms of technical ability and development rather than physiological characteristic
Children who would like to play football purely for fun are asked to book and attend the Soccer School which will be running at the same time.
Please see below for an example plan of the Elite Soccer School week.
|9.00 – 9.30||9.45 – 10.45||11.00 – 12.00||12.45 – 1.30||1.45 – 2.45|
|MONDAY||WELCOME MEETING & COURSE INTRO||SESSION 1
DOMINATE THE 1v1
|S||SESSION 2DOMINATE THE 1v1||L||WORKSHOP 1
NUTRITION & HYDRATION
|DRIBBLING SKILLS CHALLENGE & SSG’s|
|TUESDAY||MORNING TEAM MEETING & VIDEO||SESSION 3COMBINE TO ATTACK||N||SESSION 4COMBINE TO ATTACK||U||WORKSHOP 2
WHAT MAKES A GREAT PLAYER?
|SHORT PASSING SKILLS CHALLENGE & SSG’s|
|WEDNESDAY||MORNING TEAM MEETING & VIDEO||SESSION 5EXPLOSIVE PLAY||A||SESSION 6EXPLOSIVE PLAY||N||WORKSHOP 3
EVERYONE’S A WINNER
|EXPLOSIVE TESTS & SSG’s|
|THURSDAY||MORNING TEAM MEETING & VIDEO||SESSION 7WIN THE BATTLE||C||SESSION 8 WIN THE BATTLE||C||WORKSHOP 4
YOU’RE THE BOSS
|JUGGLING SKILLS CHALLENGE & SSG’s|
|FRIDAY||MORNING TEAM MEETING & VIDEO||SESSION 9
MAKE IT COUNT
|K||SESSION 10MAKE IT COUNT||H||STANLEY STARS TOURNAMENT
Elite Coaching Soccer School Checklist:
- Drinks bottle (water fountain at the venue to top up)
- Packed lunch
- Indoor and outdoor clothing
- Trainers suitable for football
Venue – Accrington Academy School, Queens Road West, BB5 4BA
We accept all major credit and debit cards through our PayPal Gateway. We advise that you book online prior to the course starting by using the above link.
*There is also the option of paying on the day if you are unable to commit to booking online. We have unlimited places available for this type of course*