Football Development Centres (FDC’s) are weekly coaching sessions for children who love to play football regularly. Children may play for a club or at school or may have never played before.
Our inclusive courses provide young players the chance to participate in an environment they feel comfortable in. Each week covers a different themed technique or skill, and then allows the opportunity for practice in small-sided matches during each session
Our trained coaches have the experience and understanding to cater for the needs of the group and ensure that development and progression take place.
Football Development Centres are for children aged four to nine years old and provide the added social and health benefits of interacting with others, building confidence and regular exercise. Many players have gone on to be invited into the Accrington Stanley academy teams after showing the potential to achieve and develop through our sessions.
”My son took part in one of the football development sessions , he loved every minute of it – the coaches were friendly and extremely helpful and the COVID precautions were well managed. Overall the experience was brilliant and highly recommend to a first-timer or even a usual team player”
Paul Yates- Parent
The FDCs take place every Monday through term time and are split into courses dependent upon the length of the school term.The sessions take place each week with children placed in different age specific groups, sessions details below:
Mondays (term time only) 5pm-6pm (ages 4-11)
The Football Development Centre sessions look to:
- Provide an enjoyable, safe and secure learning environment;
- Improve the players technical ability;
- Compliment the player’s current football provision (i.e. club football);
- Provide high quality coaching sessions through a developed technical program;
- Increase the standard of football they may play at later in life;
- Show patience and understanding towards the players learning style and physical developments.
- Use the FA Four Corner Player Development Model to develop participants Physically, Socially, Technically and Psychologically
- Not add any pressure onto young players by fear of failure and have no players being released.
Venue – Stanley Sports Hub, Thorneyholme Rd, Accrington, BB5 6BD
To book places please follow this link: https://www.stanleytrust.co.uk/product/football-development-centre-course-5/
We accept all major credit and debit cards through our PayPal Gateway. We advise that you book online prior to the course starting by using the above link.
*There is also the option of paying on the day if you are unable to commit to booking online at a cost of £4 per session. We have unlimited places available for this type of course*