Accrington Stanley Community Trust is an award-winning, non-profit, self-funding registered charity (Number 1139575) and community organisation that has been working within the Hyndburn community since 2007. After becoming a registered charity and re-forming as a Community Trust in 2010, the organisation has seen an accelerated rise and growth.
Accrington Stanley Community Trust was originally established under the banner of Football in the Community in 2007, with the aim to bring the professional club and their community closer together. Natural progression from Football in the Community resulted in the scheme being taken on to work alongside and under the guidance of the Football League Trust. Accrington Stanley Community Trust has expanded at a phenomenal rate and we now work in 4 key themed areas: Sports Participation, Education, Health & Wellbeing and Social Inclusion.
Football and in particular, Accrington Stanley Football Club has the ability to engage people, improve community cohesion and raise the hopes and aspirations of the people of Hyndburn. As a Club we are committed to ensuring that we respond to local needs whilst working strategically in line with regional and national agendas. We all recognise that sport can play a prominent role in addressing major issues such as obesity, anti-social behaviour, health, employment and attainment.
Through key partnerships and a robust multi-agency approach, we ensure that we can achieve our aims and objectives effectively and efficiently. Our partnerships work underpins the entire scheme delivery programme and enables us to work strategically within Hyndburn. These relationships enable us to engage with underrepresented and hard to reach groups.
“Use the power of Accrington Stanley Football Club to improve the lives of the people of Hyndburn through participation in sport and exercise”.
Our mission is to support the local community regardless of age, gender, race, religion or skill level and promote a healthier lifestyle through sport and education by encouraging individuals to take part in fun based activities, which develop confidence, co-operation and education.
- Challenge behaviour and attitudes, promoting Respect and celebrating diversity
- Inspire to achieve and Fulfil potential
- Develop leaders, coaches and volunteers
- Innovate in delivery
In placing Accrington Stanley at the heart of the community we will:
- Increase participation in Sport & Exercise.
- Promote wellbeing and healthy lifestyles within local communities.
- Deliver an inclusive programme of activities that involves and engages hard to reach groups, improving community cohesion.
- Develop and empower leaders, coaches and volunteers.
- Engage and inspire young people, raising and celebrating educational achievement.
- Govern the operations of ASCT efficiently and effectively.
For more information on safeguarding please click here; https://www.stanleytrust.co.uk/safeguarding/