Accrington Stanley Community Trust start the popular Football Education Scholarships on the 3rd September 2018. We have a few places remaining for school leavers and year 12’s.
Staying at School or going to college is not the right choice for everyone, but you can still gain a first class education that will get you to university by choosing neither of those. As a Football Education Scholar with Accrington Stanley Community Trust, your academic progression is taken as seriously as your sporting development. Once you have achieved your GCSE results you will be enrolled onto one of our two education programmes.
The BTEC Level 2 in Sport is a 1 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
The minimum requirements for this course are 2 D’s or above at GCSE level. Students who enrol onto this programme will study with us for 12 months, when they complete the qualification they will start the BTEC Level 3 programme the following academic year.
The BTEC Level 3 in Sport is a 2 year course which involves education, work experience, practical training and matches. The course follows the same structure as a college meaning students will find themselves in Monday-Friday within the hours of 9am-4pm term time only.
- Study a Level 3 BTEC National Extended Diploma in Sport – Equivalent to 3 A-Levels and allows entrance to University
- Full time 2 year course based at Accrington Stanley Football Club.
- All work is done on laptops via a state of the art virtual learning platform approved by the Department for Education.
- Up to 17.5 hours of education per week at the stadium.
- 4.5 hours of 11aside Football and Futsal training per week.
- Compete in the English Colleges Category 3 11aside League.
- Futsal league fixtures against other professional clubs as well as 7 and 11-aside matches.
- Available to students aged 16-18 on completion of their GCSE’s.
- A minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalent at C or above.
- A keen interest in the football or sports industry.
- Exit routes into University or foundation degrees.
- Undertake coaching qualifications and refereeing qualifications.
- Work experience opportunities in the sport and leisure industry.
- Represent Accrington Stanley in the new 11aside CEFA League.
- Play against clubs such as Manchester City, Preston, Blackpool, Fleetwood etc.
- Professionally coached by Accrington Stanley coaches.
- Become part of Accrington Stanley Football Club, represent the club, wear the kit and study at the stadium.
- Watch the first team play in League One matches at the stadium.
For more info please get in touch with the office 01254 304071 or to apply please fill out the online form here; https://www.stanleytrust.co.uk/apply/